Always follow the instructions in the installation manual and the general upgrade instructions here in the Knowledge Base.
Before upgrading make sure that the .NET Framework version 4.7.2 or higher (we reommend .NET Framework version 4.8) is installed and that the SQL Server version is 2008 R2 (we recommend 2017 or later). All supported versions can be found here.
Important note for upgrade version 13.0 and later versions
Do not install this beta version in productive environments!
As of Version 13.2.20083.1640, a script for enhancing the address searching is included. This may cause the setup not to respond for a some time during database update.
The setup must not be aborted and must run until completed. Please schedule a longer upgrade period for this.
Upgrading from version 12.2 and earlier versions
Please install version 13.1.19330.1217 or higher before upgrading to version 13.2. You can download this version here.
Please also note all upgrade articles for older versions in our Knowledge Base under “Update Information”.
When upgrading from version 13.1 to version 13.2, all settings and user information are retained. Only the proxy settings and content adjustments of the template files (templates) must be saved as usual and reinstalled after the upgrade. This procedure is described under General update information.
For security reasons, please export existing DKIM keys from the console under “People and identities > DKIM Keys” BEFORE upgrading.
Additionally, please check the following points after the upgrade:
- Content filter: As there have been changes to the file types (MIME Types), please check all content filters and their content filter entries
- The reputation filter in the rule set has been extended in version 13.2 compared to version 13.1. This modification enables further, additional checks
- Four additional checks on the HEADER-FROM
- One additional check whether the transmission was secured with TLS
- Starting with version 13.2, the incident to the Spam URI Realtime Blocklists is converted from an error to a warning
- URL Safeguard: It is now possible to disable URLs
- Cryptographic key provider: You can now also request certificates from the German National Research and Education Network (DFN)
- Greylisting is now a policy violation
- BATV addresses are now included in the license count
- Calculation of the license values for the Encryption and Large Files modules has been changed. From now on inbound and outbound emails are considered. See License management in version 13 and higher.
License type change
As of version 13.0 we have changed the integration of the license from license file to license key. This change is done automatically and no further action is required.
In case of problems, please refer to the Knowledge Base article How to install a new license.
The upgrade of the gateway and the Web Portal necessarily requires an upgrade of the Outlook Add-In as well, otherwise communication with the Web Portal is no longer possible.