Troubleshooting in case of problems
In most cases, the support team needs files to analyze a problem. This article describes how to simplify and speed up the analysis of problems.
The following information can be collected in advance and made directly available to support:
- The NoSpamProxy version installed
Th version number can be found on the start page of the console on the right side of the screen.
- Description of the problem
Brief description of the problem and how it manifests itself. The following information is useful for analysis (if available):
- Warnings and/or errors that occurred at the time of the problem and was displayed in the NoSpamProxy console under Monitoring > Event Viewer.
- Message Tracking Details (Message Track)
If there are delivery problems, these can be exported as follows:
- Go to Monitoring > Message tracking.
- Double-click the relevant entry.
- On the bottom-left of the new window, click Export message track.
- Save the JSON file.
- Information from Monitoring > Email queues and/or Monitoring > Emails on hold in the NoSpamProxy console.
- Other information and/or screenshots describing the problem.
- For unrecognized emails that clearly contain spam or viruses, please refer to the Knowledge Base article Recognition of emails by the Cyren AntiSpam filter
Email delivery issues
In most cases, the above information is sufficient to identify the reason for delivery problems. In individual cases, however, it is necessary to create a log file of the communication. To do this, the problem must be reproducible.
Please note: Logging should not be permanently activated, since log files are only written, but not automatically deleted. This must be monitored by the administrator himself.
To create a log file, proceed as follows:
- Go to Troubleshooting > Log settings.
- Select a gateway role and click Modify.
- On the tab Log settings, enable logging, specify the location of the log file and activate the following protocols:
- Repeat step 3 for each gateway role if multiple gateway roles are licensed and active.
- Replicate the problem.
- Wait 5 minutes until you go to step 7.
- Undo steps 3 and 4 (disable logging).
- Collect the generated log files from the location of the log file from the gateway roles (ideally compress as a ZIP file) and make them available to support at ticket creation or after opening.