The Cyren IP Reputation filter is available if NoSpamProxy Protection is licensed. This filter performs the check of the IP address of the sending system, classifies it according to the classification received from Cyren and assigns corresponding SCL points:
- No known risk (0 SCL points)
- Medium risk (1 SCL points)
- High risk (3 SCL points)
Depending on the setting of the evaluation criteria and additional classifications of the other filters in the applied rule, an IP address can thus lead to the rejection of the emails. This rejection can already take place during the envelope phase, so that further information – for example, the subject – is no longer transmitted.
NoSpamProxy has no influence on these evaluations. However, every affected sender can have their IP address and its classification checked and adjusted via the Cyren support page.
- For information on the detection by the Cyren AntiSpam Filter, please refer to the Knowledge Base article Recognition of emails by the Cyren AntiSpam filter.
- For information on the detection by Cyren Premium AntiVirus, please refer to the Knowledge Base article Recognition of attachments by Cyren Premium AntiVirus.
- For information on detection by the Cyren URL classification service, see the Knowledge Base article How to influence URL classifications.
- Troubleshooting information for all Cyren services can be found in the Knowledge Base article Cyren Engines – Troubleshooting.